Friday, July 17, 2015

Week 8: The Final Week

Hello!
Sadly, this is my last post! I'm finishing up little projects here and there and I've been thinking about how much I've done this summer. Over the past 8 weeks I've worked on the following projects:

-C Spire
-ServisFirst Bank
-PMOA
-Morgan Van Lines
-REEL
-Stephen L Klimjack Law Office
-Dean Waite Law Office
-Bishop State 
-911 Emergency Center
-Eglin Airforce base
-Fort Detrick Dental Clinic
-Dr. Trey's Children's Dental Clinic
-City of Mobile Conference Room 
-iSpice
-Mobile Airport Authority 
-Palmer's Hyundai 

All of these projects were so eyeopening! I was talking to Josh this morning and he asked me if the internship was anything like I expected...Well, yes and no. I did not know I would attend soooo many client meetings. I realize working with the end user is important, but since I have no one other than my professor to consult in the classroom, it's just something I've never had to account a lot of time for. Here I went to meetings every week with multiple clients--which I LOVED doing. The people are the best (occasionally the worst) part of the job! I loved meeting new people, learning about their profession, and figuring what they needed in their space based on their individual  needs. 

Another thing I didn't realize about this job is how much time I would actually spend alone. When I'm working on AutoCAD I spend hours and hours alone at my desk, and that's hard for me sometimes! I'm an extreme extrovert and the thought of spending an entire day alone on the computer makes me squirm. But, I do work with other people here so I'm never just stuck in an office alone. 

It's definitely something to consider when the real world comes my way. But I do love the industry. I love all the options and decisions I get to make every day that impact someone else's life every day for a long time! 

It's been a great experience and I'm thankful for my Innerspaice Crew!

Haworth love and mine, 

Emily the (no longer) Intern 

No comments:

Post a Comment