Thursday, May 21, 2015

Week 2

Hi everyone!
This week I'm working on the City of Mobile's conference room! (Yes, I was in the mayor's office on my 4th day of work-- cool, huh?!) Erin and I are working with the designer for the city to specify a 20 ft Haworth table. Here is a photo of the existing conference room:

Very traditional and neutral..And blah.We already have new chairs ordered and the table and credenza are in the process of being ordered! I drew up the conference room in AutoCAD today and learned how to specify the Haworth furniture in CAD and export it to Project Matrix in order to get the pricing for the table, electrical boxes, cable box, credenza, credenza top, and how to specify the different leg types and leg placements.
Just for fun...this is the Mayor's office designed by the talented city designer, Sara McCoy! And check out that view! To die for...



















A rather large challenge I faced on Tuesday was AutoCAD. It's been a year and a half since I've used it and I learned on a totally different version, so I have been struggling through it a little bit. However, Josh and Bonnie have been awesome at helping me and teaching me new shortcuts and tools to use. At our staff meeting this morning (Wednesday) I was assigned the ServisFirst project along with Erin, so I will be doing all of the CAD and specifying/pricing of furniture! Eeeeek. I'm nervous, but excited! Keep reading to see how the project is going! I have a big meeting with our ServisFirst client tomorrow, so I'll post about it on Friday!
Haworth love and mine,
Emily the Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment