Friday, June 19, 2015

Week 6

Hello everyone!
Today I've been working on Morgan Trucking Lines project! Justin, the manager, is opening  a new branch in Spanish Fort, AL and his space is on large open room which he wants to turn into a nice, workplace including 6 workstations, a hospitality area, a touchdown area for potential employees to fill out job applications, a kitchenette/break area, a collaboration area, and a nice lounge area with his logo right when you walk in the door. And...I have to fit allllll that in a 40'x18' space? Whaaaat? So, this is what I came up with... The walls are a Haworth movable wall that can be reconfigured. It doesn't mar the floor or walls yet it's durable enough to withstand shelving, and pretty much anything else you would want to hang on the walls! All the other symbols should be self-explanatory.
Bonnie and I went to view the space and interview the client about his needs and his expectations for the space. We then field-measured and I drew up the shell in AutoCAD. From there, I began space planning based on the info he gave us during our interview. We sent him all the options and now we're waiting to see which option he chose, or what revisions he wants to make to his criteria. I'll keep you updated.
Here are the options--hope you enjoy!


I hope you enjoyed this little tid-bit into my life! 
Haworth love and mine, 
Emily the Intern 


No comments:

Post a Comment